The standard iPrivacyTools IP Changer is intended to change your IP address inside the web browser only (Internet Explorer and Firefox). Since web browsing is the primary activity for which most people have privacy concerns, it is our most popular solution. However, for clients who require privacy protection beyond the browser, there is another software that is more appropriate (described below).
Compatible with Windows 7/Vista/XP and Mac OS X
Most major email programs, messengers, games, and browsers are covered. The following is a comprehensive list of compatible programs and software packages:
* The above list is from providers website. It is your responsibility to confirm that your intended use of a software (with or without hiding your IP) is legal within your jurisdiction, and within the terms of a websites policies. IP hiding utilities are like any other tool - when used properly, they are beneficial. But if misused, you may put yourself at legal risk. For example, using gambling software in a region where gambling is illegal is probably still illegal even if changing your IP to a legal jurisdiction. Given these legal complexities, it is always end user's (your) responsibility to make such determinations.
* Some of the above programs may require premium service. See link at the bottom of this page for more info.
The IP address locations change from time to time. Here are some of the locations as of July 2011:
- United States (1200+ IPs)
- United Kingdom (200+ IPs)
- Canada (50+ IPs)
- Germany (50+ IPs)
- Australia (20+ IPs)
- Ireland (5 IPs)
- Netherlands (10 IPs)
- Singapore (7 IPs)
- Italy (12 IPs)
- Korea, Republic of (6 IPs)
- Spain (19 IPs)
- New Zealand (14 IPs)
Does this software support changing one's IP address in webmail?
Yes, webmail services such as Yahoo, Hotmail, and Gmail are compatible, as are mail clients such as Outlook, Outlook Express, Eudora, etc.
Does it work with (wireless router, cable modem, DSL, dialup)?
Yes, this actual IP change takes place in between your computer and the website/service you are accessing. Therefore, the actual type of Internet connection you have does not make any difference.
My school/work firewall blocks access to a particular website (e.g. Facebook). Will this help?
Yes, this software creates a "tunnel" through firewalls, which renders such blocks ineffective.
How may IP addresses will I have access to?
This number varies, but as of July 2011, the provider was reporting availability of over 450 Standard and 950 Premium IP addresses. And new ones are added often.
What are "Elite Proxies"?
Proxies are web servers that relay your Internet traffic. When doing this, some proxies forward your true IP information with the request. "Elite proxies" do NOT reveal your true IP, and therefore make you anonymous to visited websites. The "Hide my IP" software uses only elite/anonymous proxies.
Does it work with MAC?
Yes, the recent version of Hide my IP works with MAC OS X, as well as Windows 7, Vista, and XP.
Yes, you can try the software before buying it. However, note that the trial version does not include full access to all the available IP address, and may not work with all the program's mentioned above. But it will work on the major Internet browsers so that you can get a good idea of its effectiveness.
Click Here For More Info / Download Free Trial
Material Connection Disclosure: the IP changing product described on this page is not provided by iPrivacyTools, but by a third party with whom we have an affiliate relationship. We believe the 3rd party offers a quality product, but suggest that you test their free trial before making a purchase.